Situated in the heart of the malaria free Madikwe Game Reserve just four hours drive from Johannesburg, Madikwe River Lodge is the perfect venue for both groups and private guests. Surrounded by 75 000 hectares of African sand veld, this luxury lodge is ideally positioned on the Groot Marico River, and is home to the Big Five, wild dog, cheetah and vast open spaces.
Situated in the malaria free Madikwe Game Reserve in the North West Province approximately: · 50km from Gaborone · 120km north of Zeerust · 150km west of Sun City/Pilanesberg · 250km from Shidzidzi and Nungubane · 250km from Mabula Game Lodge · 380km west of Johannesburg · 430km from Johannesburg International Airport
Room Configuration · 16 bedrooms, sleeps 32 · 1 Luxury Suite · 3 Double Rooms (king size beds) · 6 Twin Rooms · 6 Family Rooms (twin beds and additional sleeper couch) · Cots are available on request · All rooms are split level, thatched chalets
Standard Room Features
· En-suite bathrooms with showers
· Bedroom leading onto a private balcony with views overlooking the Groot Marico River
· Range of customised toiletries
Suite Room Features
· Separate lounge area leading onto private balcony with views over looking the Groot Marico River
· En-suite bathroom with shower guest amenities
· Ceiling fan in bedroom
· Outside shower
· Hairdryers General Information On All Rooms
· Ceiling fans
· Complimentary tea and coffee making facilities
· Mini Bar
Views From The Room
· All rooms overlook the Groot Marico river
Arrival & Departure Times
Check In – 13h00
Check Out – 10h00
Game viewing, is Madikwe’s main activity, and the reserve is the fourth largest game reserve in South Africa and boasts the second largest Elephant population. Game Drives and Bush Walks are conducted daily by our excellent rangers, and although children under the age of 8 years are not permitted on the standard game drives, specialised Children’s Drives are offered.
Be the first to leave a review.