Experience the diverse, untouched habitats of Botswana, from desert to Delta and plains to rivers, all in one of its most abundant and remarkable seasons.
Explore the “petrified” river valley of Deception Valley in the Kalahari Desert where sporadic summer rains attract a plethora of wildlife; the Okavango filled with general game and predators followed by the diverse and wildlife-rich Linyanti and Chobe River systems. The journey ends at the famous Victoria Falls.
- Exceptionally diverse range of activities: game drives, walks, a full-day excursion with lunch, motorboat excursions and a boat cruise.
- Exclusive access to the wilderness areas of the Okavango Delta, Linyanti/Chobe and Victoria Falls.
- Old-style serviced camping as well as accommodation in luxury Wilderness Classic camps.
The journey starts at the “petrified” river valley of Deception Valley in the Kalahari. We then move to the grasslands and floodplains of the Okavango Delta before exploring the diverse and wildlife-rich Linyanti and Chobe River systems. The journey ends at the famous Victoria Falls.
Arrive in Maun and fly to the Central Kalahari Game Reserve, then game-drive to Deception Valley Adventurer Camp. Here we enjoy extended wildlife game drives taking in the game-rich Pipers Pans area of the Kalahari, Letiahau and Deception Valleys.
Overland to Maun and then fly to by light aircraft to Gomoti Tented Camp in the south-east paradise of the Okavango Delta, where a classic Okavango land experience awaits, on floodplains and grasslands often filled with general game and predators.
Fly to Linyanti Tented Camp in the Linyanti Concession. Activities include game drives in the private northern sector of the concession, exploring a range of habitats, which reveal a myriad wildlife en route to slake their thirst from the river.
Fly to Kasane for the Chobe River boat cruise. The area is famous for its unique species such as elephant, puku, hippo and large crocodile. Enjoy a light lunch on the boat. We than take a road transfer to Toka Leya Camp, Livingstone.
The grand finale is a guided tour of the Victoria Falls, one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World. At 1 708 metres (5 604 ft.) wide, it is the largest curtain of water in the world. We then bid farewell to our adventure and transfer to Livingstone Airport.
Departure Dates 2016
|English||Tue – 19 January 2016||Maun||Fri – 29 January 2016|
|English||Thu – 18 February 2016||Maun||Sun – 28 February 2016|
|English||Fri – 25 March 2016||Maun||Mon – 04 April 2016|
|English||Tue – 12 April 2016||Maun||Fri – 22 April 2016|
|English||Thu – 21 April 2016||Maun||Sun – 01 May 2016|
|English||Thu – 17 November 2016||Maun||Sun – 27 November 2016|
|English||Fri – 09 December 2016||Maun||Mon – 19 December 2016|
|English||Wed – 14 December 2016||Maun||Sat – 24 December 2016|
|Fully inclusive – Per person sharing per exploration||Rates|
|19 January 2016 to 19 December 2016||US$ 7,100|
As a set-departure guided journey, the Botswana Summer Encounter’s fully inclusive rates comprise the expertise of one knowledgeable and professional guide who leads you from beginning to end, combined with tailor-made services like logistics, sightseeing and accommodation in our camps.
• All meals
• Soft drinks, mineral water, fruit juice, house wine and beer, as well as local spirits such as gin and Amarula
• National Park fees
• Laundry (excluded at Deception Valley Adventurer Camp)
• Road transfers
• Scheduled activities and all internal charters
• Flights (other than specified in the detailed safari itinerary)
• Compulsory comprehensive insurance
• All relevant entry and departure Government taxes
• All personal purchases (including curios, spirit liquors, telephone calls, etc.)
• Laundry at Deception Valley Adventurer Camp
• Optional extra activities
• Pre and post safari tours
• All other travel arrangements pre or post the safari and any new Government taxes
• Fuel or industry increases which are beyond our control