Take the time to explore Botswana’s contrasts in scenic areas on a game-viewing adventure reminiscent of the days of the great African explorers.
On this great journey, you’ll encounter the world-famous Victoria Falls on the Zambian side of the Zambezi River and explore Botswana’s scenic northern areas: from the blue-green wetlands of the Okavango Delta to the Linyanti and Chobe River systems renowned for their predators and large concentrations of game.
- Exclusive access to the wilderness areas of the Okavango Delta, Linyanti and Victoria Falls.
- Deluxe camping in two prime areas ensures holistic guiding and detailed insights into habitats and wildlife in the area.
- Exceptionally diverse range of activities and transfers between locations: walks, day and night wildlife viewing – both water- and land-based.
Enjoy the Victoria Falls before venturing to the Chobe and Linyanti River systems and discovering the myriad animals that inhabit these wildlife-rich areas. We then move into the Okavango Delta and explore the wondrous wetland that is the Okavango Delta.
Arrive in Livingstone and transfer directly to the Victoria Falls for a guided tour of one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World. We then take a road transfer to Toka Leya Camp, Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park, where we spend the night.
We fly to Kasane for a Chobe River Boat Cruise. The area is famous for its vast herds of elephants in the dry season and other unique species. Enjoy a light lunch on the boat.
Moving further south, we fly to Linyanti Tented Camp, Linyanti Concession. Activities include game drives in the private northern sector of the concession, exploring a range of habitats, seeing a variety of wildlife en route to slake their thirst from the river.
Fly to Gomoti Tented Camp in the heart of the Santawani Concession in the south-east corner of the Okavango Delta. The area’s wide range of exciting wildlife habitats can produce extraordinary wildlife experiences.
Fly to Jacana Camp or Xigera Camp in the Moremi Game Reserve / Okavango Delta. Both camps offer the true Delta experience and are set on lush islands where permanent water all year round allows one to enjoy this true water wonderland.
Bid farewell to your adventure as we transfer by light aircraft to Maun Airport.
|English||Thu – 05 May 2016||Livingstone||Sun – 15 May 2016|
|English||Wed – 01 June 2016||Livingstone||Sat – 11 June 2016|
|English||Wed – 14 September 2016||Livingstone||Sat – 24 September 2016|
|English||Wed – 05 October 2016||Livingstone||Sat – 15 October 2016|
|English||Tue – 01 November 2016||Livingstone||Fri – 11 November 2016|
|Fully inclusive – Per person sharing per exploration||Rates|
|01 November 2015 to 17 November 2015||US$ 9,733|
|01 May 2016 to 31 May 2016||US$ 10,185|
|01 June 2016 to 31 October 2016||US$ 11,062|
|01 November 2016 to 17 November 2016||US$ 10,185|
As a set-departure guided journey, the Great Wilderness Journey’s fully inclusive rates comprise the expertise of one knowledgeable and professional guide who leads you from beginning to end, combined with tailor-made services like logistics, sightseeing and accommodation in our camps.
• All meals
• A reasonable amount of soft drinks
• Mineral water
• Fruit juice
• House wine and beer, as well as local spirits such as gin and Amarula
• National Park fees
• Road transfers
• Scheduled activities
• All internal charters
• Flights (other than specified in the detailed safari itinerary)
• Compulsory comprehensive insurance
• All relevant entry and departure Government taxes
• All personal purchases (including curios, spirit liquors, telephone calls, etc.)
• Optional extra activities
• Pre and post safari tours
• All other travel arrangements pre and post the safari
• Any new Government taxes, levies, fuel or industry increases which are beyond our control