This Explorations is an authentic walking safari in Zimbabwe that sets out to discover one of the best wildlife experiences in Hwange.
Getting your feet on the ground is combined with roaming further afield by vehicle. The private Linkwasha Concession’s abundance of animal and bird life is a result of its diverse range of habitats: teak and false mopane woodlands, dry acacia scrub interspersed with pans and vast open palm-fringed plains, all of which can be explored on this exciting and adventurous Exploration.
- Access to the private, wildlife-rich Linkwasha Concession is exclusively for Wilderness Safaris guests. The highest densities of large mammals in Hwange are found in this area due to its rich habitat diversity.
- Walks provide one with a sense of immersion into nature, excitement and adventure, while game drives offer the opportunity to explore further afield.
- Nights spent in dome tents under the stars with access to viewing platforms create a nostalgic sense of safari. They offer a truly wild and authentic feel.
Zimbabwe walking safaris have always been regarded as one of the finest ways to get a feel for the wilderness in this spectacular country. This walking trail allows guests to get their feet on the ground to really feel, smell and touch Africa but still allowing for exploration further afield by vehicle. Beginning and ending our journey at Wilderness Safaris camps frames the adventure with indulgence and luxury, especially at Linkwasha Camp, our grand finale.
Arrive at Linkwasha Airstrip, meet your guide and transfer in an open game-viewer to Davison’s Camp where you will spend the first night. This will allow you to settle into the area and adjust to the pace of safari before the walking commences.
After an early breakfast depart on an exciting walk to Scott’s Pan. The route takes us through varied woodland habitats and vlei lines home to a wide variety of wildlife and birds. After a well-deserved lunch and siesta at Scott’s Pan, we explore further afield either on foot or in a vehicle, returning at sunset for dinner.
Another early morning begins with a short game drive to Back Pans before walking to the abundant Ngamo Plains. We explore the combretum, terminalia, teak and acacia woodlands along the way. Lunch and siesta are followed by either a game drive or walk. A convivial dinner concludes another night in the wilderness.
As dawn breaks, we set off for the luxurious Linkwasha Camp, taking in the area on foot and by vehicle. Walking in the beautiful acacia forest fringes of the Ngamo Plains is a highlight. We arrive at camp in time for a brunch and siesta and enjoy an afternoon game drive. We convene for our final dinner and bed down in the camp’s sumptuous tents.
We bid farewell to our adventure with a game drive from Linkwasha Camp to Linkwasha Airstrip for onward arrangements.
|English||Wed – 06 July 2016||Davison’s Camp||Sun – 10 July 2016|
|English||Thu – 18 August 2016||Davison’s Camp||Mon – 22 August 2016|
|English||Mon – 05 September 2016||Davison’s Camp||Fri – 09 September 2016|
|Fully inclusive – Per person sharing per exploration||Rates|
|01 July 2016 to 15 September 2016||US$ 2 618|
As a set-departure guided journey, Hwange Walking Safari’s fully inclusive rates includes the expertise of a knowledgeable and professional guide who leads you from beginning to end, combined with tailor-made services like logistics, sightseeing and accommodation in our camps.
• All meals
• Soft drinks, mineral water, fruit juice, house wine and beer, as well as local spirits such as gin and Amarula
• National Park fees
• Road transfers
• Scheduled activities and all internal charters
• Flights (other than specified in the detailed safari itinerary)
• Compulsory comprehensive insurance
• All relevant entry and departure Government taxes
• All personal purchases (including curios, spirit liquors, telephone calls, etc.)
• Optional extra activities
• Pre and post safari tours
• All other travel arrangements pre or post the safari and any new Government taxes
• Fuel or industry increases which are beyond our control