Victoria Falls Tour (3 Days)
A World Heritage Site, Victoria Falls is one of the world’s greatest natural spectacles
*Note: Prices quoted are per person sharing and may vary from season to season. Please see all Rates below.
Immerse yourself in the wonders of the spectacular Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe, known as the Adrenalin Capital of Africa. Revel in the sense of history of this quaint little frontier town and marvel at the magnificent sight of the world’s largest curtain of falling water. Enjoy the beautiful scenery on a series of scenic flights, river cruises and canoe trips or choose from one of a selection of thrilling adrenalin adventures.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE ITINERARY:
- Stand in awe of Africa’s largest waterfall – the majestic Victoria Falls
- Declared a World Heritage site, Victoria Falls are the stuff of legends, romance and myth
- Thundering waterfalls and thrilling adventures
MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR JOURNEY:
- Stand on the edge of the Victoria Falls and catch a glimpse into history when Dr David Livingstone uttered “scenes so lovely must have been gazed on by angels in their flight”
- Hop across the border to Botswana and witness the world-famous Chobe and Okavango Delta! We recommend adding a few more days to your itinerary so that you can view the beautiful contrasts of these two countries
SPECIALLY CREATED FOR:
- Time constrained
- Active travellers/families
- Avid photographers
Victoria Falls Tour
This journey begins and ends at Victoria Falls International Airport in Zimbabwe.
Upon your arrival at Victoria Falls International Airport you will be met by an &Beyond representative who will meet and assist you with your road transfer to the hotel/lodge of your choice.
A World Heritage Site, Victoria Falls is one of the world’s greatest natural spectacles and the stuff of legends, romance and myth. Long before the Scottish missionary and explorer Dr David Livingstone ‘discovered’ the Falls in 1855, the local Batonga people had named them Mosi-oa-Tunya, ‘the smoke that thunders’. Livingstone named them for his queen. Today, the village rightly claims the title of Adrenaline Capital of Africa, home to a seemingly endless variety of adventure sports from bungee jumping to canoeing and white water rafting.
Bridging two countries, the mighty Victoria Falls sets the stunning scene for an adrenaline junkies paradise. Stand on the edge of the Smoke that Thunders and feel the cool spray mist settle on your skin. Take a step back and look up at the vivid rainbow in the towering spray. Descend into the gorge to ride the thrashing waters of one of the top rafting rapids on earth or pick a more serene channel for a guided canoe safari. Watch wide-eyed as an expert pilot takes you high above the falls on the Flight of the Angels. Take a deep, deep breath and leap from the dizzying heights of the Victoria Falls bridge (bungee cord firmly attached, please), or clip in and let gravity take you for a ride on the Flying Fox. Fix your camera lens on the vistas of the falls or the shadow-dappled avenues of the rainforest. As the day winds itself down, sit back and take in the glories of the sunset from the deck of a lazy sundowner cruise.
Today you will be driven back to Victoria Falls International Airport, where your adventure with us ends.
Victoria Falls Tour
INCLUDED IN THE RATE
- Meet and greet service at Victoria Falls International Airport
- Accommodation inclusions as per below:
o Ilala Lodge and Victoria Falls Hotel includes breakfast and return transfers from Victoria Falls Airport
o Victoria Falls Safari Lodge includes 2 nights’ accommodation, breakfast, 1 x dinner at Makuwa-Kuwa Restuarant – Table d’hote Menu, 1 x dinner at The Boma – Place of eating (with courtesy return shuttle), 1 x Vulture Culture lunch in the Makuwa-Kuwa Restuarant, return seat in coach transfers from Victoria Falls Airport, hourly courtesy shuttle to Victoria Falls Rainforest & town centre, guided Tour of the Victoria Falls and Sunset Cruise (luxury deck)
o Victoria Falls Safari Club includes 2 nights’ accommodation, breakfast, 1 x dinner at Makuwa-Kuwa Restaurant – Table d’hote Menu, 1 x dinner at The Boma – Place of eating (with courtesy return shuttle), 1 x Vulture Culture lunch in the Makuwa-Kuwa Restaurant, return seat in coach transfers from Victoria Falls Airport, hourly courtesy shuttle to Victoria Falls Rainforest & town centre, guided Tour of the Victoria Falls and Sunset Cruise (luxury deck)
o Victoria Falls River Lodge includes accommodation, all meals, transfers (shared) from/to the Victoria Falls Airport, local beverages, optional daily transfer from camp (typically departing at 10h00 and returning at 15h00) to Victoria Falls town, Tour of the Falls (part of daily transfer to town) – the entry fee into the Rainforest is for guest’s own account, transfers to/from National Park Gate / Jetty for 3rd party activities, Two game activities – i.e. a choice of either a morning/afternoon game drive in the Zambezi National Park, and a sunrise/sunset river cruise – per person per day (subject to availability). Snacks & local beverages are included on the game drives and/or the sunset river cruises, high tea and bird watching on Kandahar Island.
o The Elephant Camp includes accommodation, local brand drinks house wines, complimentary mini bar in the rooms, return Victoria Falls Airport or Livingstone Airport transfers, two transfers to Victoria Falls town per day, laundry, an opportunity to meet the Wild Horizons elephants, cocktails and canapes at the Batoka Gorge, birding and nature walks on the concession, visit to the Victoria Falls Wildlife Trust, lunch at the Lookout Cafe (including drinks), mountain bike rides through the Victoria Falls National Park, cycling through town (unguided), canopy tour, guided tour of the falls Zimbabwe (excluding Rainforest entry fees) and village tours, gym in a bag, laundry.
o &Beyond Matetsi River Lodge includes accommodation, three meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits, beers, teas and coffees, refreshments on game drives, scheduled safari activities, sundowner cruise on the Zambezi river, canoeing, fishing, and laundry.
Victoria Falls Extensions 2018 – Rack – 2017-08-02
o Batonka Guest Lodge includes accommodation, all meals, drinks, teas & coffees throughout the day, shuttle transfers to Victoria Falls town twice a day (morning and afternoon) and Wi-Fi.
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Administration Fee
- The operator may reroute the itinerary or accommodate in similar lodges in case of non-availability
- Single traveller supplement and child rates will be quoted on request
- Validity periods are as specified above – should a booking fall over two rate periods the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote
- The rates quoted are subject to change without prior warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, ROE, sales tax or VAT, third-party services or any other circumstances beyond our control in the countries featured in this quote
- &Beyond Trading Terms apply
- Additional suggested activities not included in the rate
- Victoria Falls can be viewed from Zimbabwe and Zambia, the Zimbabwean side offers a greater number of spectacular viewing points. During the dry season between September and December, the eastern cataract on the Zambian side of the falls tends to dry up dramatically whist the Zimbabwean side continues to provide amazing views
pp* = Per person
This itinerary has been carefully designed to give you a taste of the exciting, endless possibilities and can be tailored to suit your exact preferences.
Victoria Falls Tour
(11 Jan – 31 Mar 18;
1 Nov – 20 Dec 18)
(1 Apr – 31 Oct;
21 - 31 Dec 18)
|Ilala Lodge||USD 472||USD 472||Standard room|
|Victoria Falls Safari Lodge||USD 677||USD 720||Lodge water facing room|
|Victoria Falls Safari Club||USD 832||USD 886||Club room|
|Victoria Falls Hotel||USD 547||USD 595||Deluxe room (Central)|
|Victoria Falls River Lodge||USD 1 003||USD 1 230||Tent|
|The Elephant Camp||USD 942||USD 1 172||Tent|
|&Beyond Matetsi River Lodge||USD 1 552||USD 2 149||Suite|
|Batonka Guest Lodge||USD 548||USD 548||Standard Room|
- Victoria Falls Safari Lodge: 5% discount on activities booked in-house at our Activities Desk, plus 10% discount on all other beverages (signed to room account and settled on departure)
- Victoria Falls Safari Club: 5% discount on activities booked in-house at our Activities Desk, plus 10% discount on all other beverages (signed to room account and settled on departure)
- Scheduled afternoon Tour of the Falls with high tea at Victoria Falls Hotel from &Beyond Matetsi River Lodge
ADDITIONAL SUGGESTED ACTIVITIES
|Tour of the Falls||1 Jan – 31 Dec 18||USD 17|
|Canopy Tour||1 Jan – 31 Dec 18||USD 48|
|Bungi Jumping||1 Jan – 31 Dec 18||USD 163|
|Gorge Swing||1 Jan – 31 Dec 18||USD 85|
|White Water Rafting Low Water (1 Aug – 31 Dec 18)||1 Jan – 31 Dec 18||USD 108|
|White Water Rafting High water (1 Jan – 31 Jul 18)||1 Jan – 31 Dec 18||USD 108|
|Flight of Angels (12/13 minutes)||1 Jan – 31 Dec 18||USD 144|
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.