Indulge in a tranquil seaside adventure on the shores of tropical &Beyond Benguerra Island
Indulge in a tranquil seaside adventure on the shores of tropical &Beyond Benguerra Island. Relax on golden beach sands washed by balmy Indian Ocean waters or explore the vibrant and beautiful coral reefs that hide beneath the waves. Battle the mighty denizens of the deep with some of the world’s most exciting catch-and-release deep sea fishing. Gallop along the beach on horseback at sunset or toast the setting sun from a traditional sailing dhow. Explore the clear lakes in the island’s interior, get a glimpse into local life at the village or treat yourself to a private picnic among the towering sand dunes.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE ITINERARY:
- Golden sandy beaches on the coastline and unspoiled coral reefs with excellent snorkelling and diving opportunities offshore
- Exploring the island’s soaring sand dunes and freshwater lakes
- Take long walks on the beach
- Enjoying a splash in the Indian Ocean – safe swimming is available directly from the beach even at low tide
MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR ADVENTURE:
- This is the ideal addition to a South African safari and direct flights from Skukuza or Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport to Vilanculos means that it can easily be combined with a stay at &Beyond Kirkman’s Kamp or &Beyond Ngala Private Game Reserve.
- Enjoy an amazing castaway picnic set in the beautiful sand dunes.
- Ask your hosts when the rare and mysterious dugongs were last spotted.
- Treat yourself to a horse riding adventure on the beach.
- Experience Mozambique from above and book a scenic helicopter flight. Hop aboard a helicopter and fly along the coastline of Benguerra Island, marvelling at your bird’s-eye view of the crystal-clear water and pristine white beaches.
SPECIALLY CREATED FOR:
- Ocean enthusiasts
- Romance seekers
- The relaxation starved…
- Beach lovers
This adventure begins at O.R Tambo International Airport/Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport and ends at O.R Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg, South Africa.
DAY 1, 2, 3 & 4
On arrival at O.R Tambo International Airport, you will check in for your flight to Vilanculos International Airport. OR Check in for your flight to Vilanculos International Airport from Kruger Mpumalanga Airport.
On arrival at Vilanculos International Airport, you will be assisted onto a helicopter flight to &Beyond Benguerra Island.
As the second largest island of the Bazaruto Archipelago, Benguerra offers exceptional opportunities to witness a slice of the very best of Mozambique’s exceptional marine life and experience an abundance of island adventures. Characterised by its towering sand dunes, inland lakes and idyllic beaches, Benguerra was declared a National Park in 1971. It is home to over 140 bird species and the pristine waters surrounding the island, as well as the exceptional archipelago, are host to the rare dugong and one of the most pristine coral reefs in the world. Guests visiting the island can awake to the sounds of fishermen trading their daily catch from their traditional sailing dhows and can embark on a series of adventures such as dhow cruises, diving, snorkelling and exhilarating catch-and-release deep-sea fishing.
Boasting a light tropical feel, &Beyond Benguerra Island is a luxury beach paradise tucked into a lush indigenous forest and looking out onto a picturesque crescent of golden sand. Ten casinhas and two cabanas set in a verdant forest and combine tropical chic with a distinct African feel and reminders of the area’s Portuguese heritage. Spacious bathrooms feature generous tubs and outdoor showers decorated with hand-painted tiles, while private timber decks and cool rim flow swimming pools offer a secluded alternative to beach sands and ocean waters. The three-bedroom Casa de Familia welcomes groups and families of all ages while ensuring privacy and exclusivity.
Spend four nights in a casinha at &Beyond Benguerra Island. Your stay includes the services of a Mozambican butler, a non-alcoholic welcome cocktail on arrival, all meals, all drinks (including soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers and bottled water), snacks (including private beach dinners and private meals on decks), teas, coffees and standard included activities.
Adventures include excellent snorkelling and scuba diving on the breathtaking reefs, along with fishing, kayaking, catamaran cruises, horse-riding, village visits and island walks.
After a mouth-watering breakfast, we wave a fond farewell as you board on a helicopter for your flight back to Vilanculos International Airport. Here you will check in for your flight to O.R Tambo International Airport.
INCLUDED IN THE RATE
- Return flight from O.R Tambo International Airport or Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport
- Welcome and assistance at Vilanculos International Airport
- Helicopter flights between Vilanculos International Airport and &Beyond Benguerra Island
- Accommodation as specified above
- Meals on a full board basis
- Soft drinks, house wine, local brand spirits, local beer, teas and coffees (premium brands to own account)
- Park fees
- Activities included: Scuba diving – max 2 dives per day (tide-dependent) – full PADI certification required, horse riding, sea kayaking, sunset dhow cruise, scheduled snorkelling trip, castaway picnic, island expedition & local village tour (subject to availability and weather conditions)
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Administration fee
- &Beyond Benguerra Island is closed from 25 February – 17 March 2018.
- Rates are quoted on a per person sharing basis.
- Free flights exclude airport taxes, landing fees and are subject to fare class availability. A supplement may apply.
- A single supplement of 50% applies from the first single room.
- This offer only applies to full-paying adults.
- Single traveller supplement rates will be quoted on request.
- Excludes Cabanas and Casa Familia.
- Validity periods are as specified above; should a booking fall over two rate periods the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote.
- The rates quoted are subject to change without warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, sales tax or VAT, third-party services or any other circumstances beyond our control in Mozambique.
- &Beyond trading terms apply.
This itinerary has been carefully designed to give you a taste of the exciting, endless possibilities and can be tailored to suit your exact preferences.
|Validity periods||ORT to ORT|
Per person sharing
|High Season (* 4 Nights)|
(1 Jan – 24 Feb; 18 Mar – 31 Dec 18)
|USD 6 020|
|High Season (** 6 Nights)|
(1 Jan – 24 Feb; 18 Mar – 31 Dec 18)
|USD 8 155|
* OUR TREAT
- Complimentary return helicopter transfers between Vilanculos and Benguerra Island.
** WHY NOT STAY FOR LONGER
Stay for 6 nights at &Beyond Benguerra Island and receive a complimentary return flight from Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport or O.R Tambo International Airport, returning to O.R Tambo International Airport and return helicopter transfers between Vilanculos and Benguerra Island.
- Receive a complimentary return flight from Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport or O.R Tambo International Airport, returning to O.R Tambo International Airport.
- Return helicopter transfers between Vilanculos and Benguerra Island.