Combine sea and safari from the Timbavati to the golden sands of Bazaruto
Combine sea and safari on a journey from some of South Africa’s best known game reserves to the golden sands of Mozambique’s Bazaruto Archipelago. Track the Big Five in the &Beyond Ngala Private Game Reserve, which shares unfenced borders with the famous Kruger National Park, allowing them to benefit from the high wildlife numbers in this renowned park. After your wildlife adventure, pamper yourself with some rest and relaxation in the tropical climate and sunshine of &Beyond Benguerra Island. Explore the warm waters and marvel at the marine life of the island’s coral reefs on scuba diving expeditions, enjoy the thrill of deep sea fishing or simply explore the magical setting and soaring dunes of Benguerra.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE ITINERARY:
- Exceptional wildlife sightings
- Long walks on a sandy beach
- Sipping a cocktail while feeling the sand between your toes
MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR ADVENTURE:
- Relax in the elegant sitting area with a chilled glass of wine and watch herds of wildlife coming to the waterhole.
- Enjoy an amazing castaway picnic in the beautiful sand dunes of &Beyond Benguerra Island.
SPECIALLY CREATED FOR:
- Wildlife enthusiasts
- Adventure travellers
- Avid photographers
- Beach lovers
Day 1 – 3 (andBeyond Ngala Safari Lodge, Timbavati Game Reserve, South Africa)
Upon arrival at OR Tambo International Airport, you will be met by a Menzies Aviation representative and assisted through customs and immigration. You will then be assisted with check in procedures for your onward flight to Ngala Airstrip.
On arrival at Ngala airstrip, you will be met by a member of our &Beyond team and transferred to your lodge.
Thrill in the excitement of safari during your 3 night stay at andBeyond Ngala Safari Lodge in a cottage with ensuite bathroom and intimate veranda. Your stay includes three meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers, teas and coffees, scheduled safari activities, refreshments on game drives, a 1 hour nature walk and laundry.
- Game Drives
- Interpretative nature walks
Recommended activities (at additional cost):
- Rhino Notching
- Photographic Safari with Andrew Schoeman
Nestled under a canopy of mopane and tamboti trees, Ngala Safari Lodge at andBeyond Ngala Private Game Reserve features 20 classic thatched cottages and the luxurious Safari Suite. Each ensuite cottage, with private veranda, exudes a romantic colonial ambience with nostalgic safari memorabilia throughout. The gracious Safari Suite offers guests a spacious sitting room and private swimming pool. The Lodge’s large sparkling swimming pool overlooks a natural riverine woodland. Hearty breakfasts and delicious lunches are served in the dappled shade of an enormous weeping boerbean tree. Upon their return from exhilarating evening game drives, guests are welcomed by Ngala’s warm, hospitable staff to a banquet in the elegant candlelit courtyard, or to an African feast around the blazing boma fire. The Lodge’s thatched dining, bar and sitting areas are open to the warm breezes of the inviting African bushveld.
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT ANDBEYOND NGALA SAFARI LODGE
- You have to try the Ranger’s omelette at breakfast. Ask for one — even if it’s not on the menu.
- Browse through the Safari Shop and afterwards unwind on the veranda to watch the elephants at the lodge waterhole.
Day 4 – 7 (andBeyond Benguerra Island, Bazaruto Archipelago, Mozambique)
After a mouth-watering breakfast, you will be driven to Ngala airstrip for your flight to Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport, where you will board a flight to Vilanculos International Airport.
An andBeyond representative will meet you at Vilanculos Airport and assist you, and fellow guests, onto your helicopter flight to Benguerra Island. As the second largest island of the Bazaruto Archipelago, Benguerra offers exceptional opportunities to witness a slice of the very best of Mozambique’s exceptional marine life. (Approximately 10 minutes)
Put your feet up at andBeyond Benguerra Island for your 4 night stay in a casinha with ensuite bathroom and outdoor shower. Your stay includes three meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers, teas and coffees, laundry, emergency medical evacuation insurance, transfers to and from the lodge airstrip. Activities – One per day: Scuba diving (max 2 dives per day tide dependent – full PADI certification required), horse riding, sea kayaking, sunset dhow cruise and a scheduled snorkelling trip. One per stay: castaway picnic, island expedition and local village tour.
- Scuba Diving – max 2 dives per day (tide-dependent) – full PADI certification required
- Castaway Picnic
- Dhow Cruise
- Island Drives
- Horse Riding Safaris
Recommended activities (at additional cost):
- Helicopter Sightseeing
A tropical paradise tucked into a lush indigenous forest and looking out onto a picturesque crescent of sandy beach, andBeyond Benguerra Island has recently undergone an extensive refurbishment to become the quintessential luxury island retreat. Boasting a fresh island feel, the lodge’s welcoming guest areas offer views of the lush tropical garden and the ocean beyond. Set deep in cleverly created patches of shade, comfortable loungers beckon guests to relax around the rim flow swimming pool while drinking in the ocean views. Closer to the water’s edge, the lodge’s colourful beach bar is the perfect setting to relax or enjoy open air meals right on the sand. Ten casinhas and two cabanas peep out directly onto ocean vistas, while a spacious Casa Familia ensures privacy and exclusivity.
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT ANDBEYOND BENGUERRA ISLAND
- Request one of their amazing castaway picnics, set in the beautiful sand dunes.
- Sail away into the sunset on a romantic dhow cruise.
- Ask your hosts when the rare and mysterious dugong were last spotted – who knows, you might get lucky!
After a mouth-watering breakfast, we wave a fond farewell as you board a helicopter for your flight back to Vilanculos International Airport, where you will catch a scheduled flight to OR Tambo International Airport.
- Welcome and assistance at O.R Tambo International Airport and Vilanculos International Airport
- Transfer Ngala Airstrip to andBeyond Ngala Safari Lodge
- Scheduled flights:
O.R Tambo International Airport to Ngala airstrip
Ngala airstrip to Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport
Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport to Vilanculos International Airport
Vilanculos International Airport to O.R Tambo International Airport
- Helicopter flights:
Vilanculos International Airport / &Beyond Benguerra Island / Vilanculos International Airport
- Accommodation as specified above
- Meals and beverages as specified above
- Park fees:
Timbavati Conservation fee
Benguerra Island Conservation fee
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Administration fee
- Rates are quoted on a per person sharing basis.
- A single supplement of 50% applies from the first single room throughout the year.
- &Beyond Benguerra Island is closed from 25 February to 17 March 2018
- The operator may reroute the itinerary or accommodate in similar lodges in case of non-availability.
- Single traveller supplement and child rates will be quoted on request.
- Flight rates are subject to change.
- Validity periods are as specified above; should a booking fall over two rate periods the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote.
- The rates quoted are subject to change without warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, sales tax or VAT, third-party services, the rand / dollar exchange rate or any other circumstances beyond our control in South Africa or Mozambique.
- Rates are subject to currency fluctuations.
- &Beyond trading terms apply.
|Validity periods||Per person sharing|
|1 Jan – 31 Dec ‘18||USD 8 285|
&Beyond Long Stay Rates
Fly me to the Beach – Benguerra Island – Complimentary return helicopter transfers between Vilanculos and Benguerra Island.