Combine sea and safari from Kruger to the golden sands of the Bazaruto Archipelago
Combine sea and safari on a journey from some of South Africa’s best known game reserves to the golden sands of Mozambique’s Bazaruto Archipelago. Track the Big Five in the &Beyond Ngala Private Game Reserve, which shares unfenced borders with the famous Kruger National Park, allowing them to benefit from the high wildlife numbers in this renowned park. After your wildlife adventure, pamper yourself with some rest and relaxation in the tropical climate and sunshine of &Beyond Benguerra Island. Explore the warm waters and marvel at the marine life of the island’s coral reefs on scuba diving expeditions, enjoy the thrill of deep sea fishing or simply explore the magical setting and soaring dunes of Benguerra.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE ITINERARY:
- Exceptional wildlife sightings
- Long walks on a sandy beach
- Sipping a cocktail while feeling the sand between your toes
MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR ADVENTURE:
- Stop for sun downers in the dry riverbed – take your socks off and walk in the soft sand.
- Ask your butler to bring a specially prepared lunch platter to your tent and relax on a blanket on the beautiful lawn.
- Enjoy an amazing castaway picnic in the beautiful sand dunes of &Beyond Benguerra Island.
SPECIALLY CREATED FOR:
- Wildlife enthusiasts
- Adventure travellers
- Avid photographers
- Beach lovers
Day 1 – 3 (andBeyond Ngala Safari Lodge, Timbavati Game Reserve, South Africa)
Upon arrival at OR Tambo International Airport, you will be met by a Menzies Aviation representative and assisted through customs and immigration. You will then be assisted with check in procedures for your onward flight to Ngala Airstrip.
On arrival at Ngala airstrip, you will be met by a member of our &Beyond team and transferred to your lodge.
Delight in adventure during your 3 night stay at andBeyond Ngala Tented Camp in a deluxe spacious tent with outdoor shower. Your stay includes three meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers, teas and coffees, scheduled safari activities, refreshments on game drives, a 1 hour nature walk, emergency medical evacuation insurance and laundry.
- Game Drives
- Interpretative nature walks
Recommended activities (at additional cost):
- Rhino Notching
- Photographic Safari with Andrew Schoeman
Ngala Tented Camp at andBeyond Ngala Private Game Reserve, situated only 3 km from Kruger’s Orpen Gate, is internationally renowned for its sophisticated tented accommodation in tranquil African bush surrounds. It comprises nine luxurious tented suites on raised platforms with outdoor showers, baths mounted on rough-hewn wooden bases, swirling overhead fans, air conditioning, electric blankets for winter, and private wooden decks. Stylish tent interiors feature imaginative retro pieces from the 60’s and 70’s.Ngala Tented Camp was constructed with a light footprint – built on platforms, each tented suite was cleverly designed to incorporate existing trees, thereby minimising environmental impact. Mature indigenous shade trees form a luxuriantly cool canopy over the Camp, and elegant guest areas overlook the seasonal Timbavati riverbed. The Camp’s lap pool is perfect for idle afternoon game viewing. Private lunch platters are savoured on the viewing decks, at the poolside, or in the garden. Theatrical al fresco dinners in the dry riverbed are unforgettable.
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT ANDBEYOND NGALA TENTED CAMP
- Enjoy a delicious lunch, served in the garden and watch the lively antics of the resident troop of monkeys.
- Ask your ranger to stop for drinks in the dry riverbed — take your socks off and pretend you are at the beach.
- For unmatched body and mind rejuvenation, enjoy a relaxing treatment in Ngala’s chic new massage sala.
Day 4 – 7 (andBeyond Benguerra Island, Bazaruto Archipelago, Mozambique)
After a mouth-watering breakfast, you will be driven to Ngala airstrip for your flight to Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport, where you will board a flight to Vilanculos International Airport.
An andBeyond representative will meet you at Vilanculos Airport and assist you, and fellow guests, onto your helicopter flight to Benguerra Island. As the second largest island of the Bazaruto Archipelago, Benguerra offers exceptional opportunities to witness a slice of the very best of Mozambique’s exceptional marine life. (Approximately 10 minutes)
Put your feet up at andBeyond Benguerra Island for your 4 night stay in a casinha with ensuite bathroom and outdoor shower. Your stay includes three meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers, teas and coffees, laundry, emergency medical evacuation insurance, transfers to and from the lodge airstrip.
- Scuba Diving Scuba Diving – max 2 dives per day (tide-dependent) – full PADI certification required
- Castaway Picnic
- Dhow Cruise
- Island Drives
- Horse Riding Safaris
Recommended activities (at additional cost):
- Helicopter Sightseeing
A tropical paradise tucked into a lush indigenous forest and looking out onto a picturesque crescent of sandy beach, andBeyond Benguerra Island has recently undergone an extensive refurbishment to become the quintessential luxury island retreat. Boasting a fresh island feel, the lodge’s welcoming guest areas offer views of the lush tropical garden and the ocean beyond. Set deep in cleverly created patches of shade, comfortable loungers beckon guests to relax around the rim flow swimming pool while drinking in the ocean views. Closer to the water’s edge, the lodge’s colourful beach bar is the perfect setting to relax or enjoy open air meals right on the sand. Ten casinhas and two cabanas peep out directly onto ocean vistas, while a spacious Casa Familia ensures privacy and exclusivity.
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT ANDBEYOND BENGUERRA ISLAND
- Request one of their amazing castaway picnics, set in the beautiful sand dunes.
- Sail away into the sunset on a romantic dhow cruise.
- Ask your hosts when the rare and mysterious dugong were last spotted – who knows, you might get lucky!
After a mouth-watering breakfast, we wave a fond farewell as you board a helicopter for your flight back to Vilanculos International Airport, where you will catch a scheduled flight to OR Tambo International Airport.
- Welcome and assistance at O.R Tambo International Airport and Vilanculos International Airport
- Transfer Ngala Airstrip to andBeyond Ngala Safari Lodge
- Scheduled flights:
O.R Tambo International Airport to Ngala airstrip
Ngala airstrip to Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport
Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport to Vilanculos International Airport
Vilanculos International Airport to O.R Tambo International Airport
- Helicopter flights:
Vilanculos International Airport / &Beyond Benguerra Island / Vilanculos International Airport
- Accommodation as specified above
- Meals and beverages as specified above
- Park fees:
Timbavati Conservation fee
Benguerra Island Conservation fee
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Administration fee
- Rates are quoted on a per person sharing basis.
- A single supplement of 50% applies from the first single room throughout the year.
- &Beyond Benguerra Island is closed from 25 February to 17 March 2018
- The operator may reroute the itinerary or accommodate in similar lodges in case of non-availability.
- Single traveller supplement and child rates will be quoted on request.
- Flight rates are subject to change.
- Validity periods are as specified above; should a booking fall over two rate periods the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote.
- The rates quoted are subject to change without warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, sales tax or VAT, third-party services, the rand / dollar exchange rate or any other circumstances beyond our control in South Africa or Mozambique.
- Rates are subject to currency fluctuations.
- &Beyond trading terms apply.
|Validity periods||Per person sharing|
|1 Jan – 31 Dec ‘18||USD 8 940|
&Beyond Long Stay Rates
Fly me to the Beach – Benguerra Island – Complimentary return helicopter transfers between Vilanculos and Benguerra Island.