Explore Lake Manyara, search for wildlife in the Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater
Your journey at a glance
Tanzania’s most spectacular treasures lie spread before you on this exceptional adventure through its most scenic landscapes and richest wildlife areas. Lake Manyara, small, yet incredibly picturesque and diverse, offers a variety of landscapes, from its flat soda lake to its dense forests and the craggy cliffs of the Rift Valley escarpment. Lose your heart among the vast plains of the Serengeti, one of Africa’s most famous safari destinations, where horizons know no end and a fascinating variety of wildlife makes its home. A landscape like no other on earth, the awe-inspiring Ngorongoro Crater offers infinite views over a beautiful natural haven where exceptional wildlife encounters lie around every corner.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE ITINERARY:
- Exceptional game viewing in the renowned Serengeti National Park
- Viewing the abundance of birds in Lake Manyara National Park and the curious antics of tree-climbing lions
- Friendly encounters with soul-tickling personalities
MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR ADVENTURE:
- Glide high above the Serengeti on a Hot-air balloon safari
- Smell the way through coffee plantations
- Book a night game drive at &Beyond Lake Manyara Tree Lodge
- Walk in the first footsteps of our ancestors in the Cradle of Mankind at Olduvai Gorge
SPECIALLY CREATED FOR:
- Keen safari-goers
- Wildlife enthusiast
- Conservation friends / for the conservation conscious
- Luxury adventure traveller
Day 1: Arusha
Upon your arrival at Kilimanjaro International Airport you will be met by a member of the &Beyond team who will transfer you by road to Arusha Coffee Lodge.
This attractive little town is situated beneath the towering peaks of Mount Meru and Kilimanjaro. Arusha, renowned as the safari capital of Tanzania, offers a range of attractions and adventures. The town has numerous first-class restaurants, bars and markets to browse, and is the ideal place to spend a few relaxing days before embarking on a safari or attempting to scale Kilimanjaro. Not-to-be-missed is the Arusha National Park (in Ngurdoto Crater), the National Natural History Museum, the Laetoli Footprints (set in volcanic ash, dating back 3 500 000 years) and the beautiful coffee plantations, which dot the landscape.
Spend one night at Arusha Coffee Lodge in a plantation suite. Your stay includes accommodation and breakfast.
Day 2 – 4: Lake Manyara National Park
After your early breakfast, you will be transferred to Arusha Airport for your scheduled flight to Manyara Airstrip. On arrival, you will be met by a representative from &Beyond Lake Manyara Tree Lodge for your first game drive to the lodge.
Lake Manyara National Park offers a wilderness experience in diverse habitats, from its Rift Valley soda lake to dense woodlands and steep mountainsides. Apart from a spectacular setting, the park is famous for its unusual tree-climbing lions and the vast elephant herds it was established to protect. The shores of the lake, encrusted with pink flamingo, attract more than 400 species of birds, many of them waterfowl or migrants. Large herds of buffalo, cheetah, Masai giraffe and impala roam the lake shores and the forested valley slopes. A Lake Manyara safari is a fascinating experience as the park also features a ground-water forest; acacia tortilis woodland and hot springs called Maji Moto.
Spend two nights at &Beyond Lake Manyara Tree Lodge. Accommodation is in an elegant, stilted treehouse, which is cradled in the boughs of mahogany trees.
A Lake Manyara safari is a fascinating experience as the park also features a tree climbing lions, ground-water forest; acacia tortilis woodland and hot springs called Maji Moto.
Day 5 – 6: Ngorongoro Crater
The Ngorongoro Crater Conservation Area, within the Serengeti, is home to more than 30 000 protected animals. It is an area of spectacular beauty and excellent game viewing, a truly unique safari destination in Africa. The Ngorongoro Crater, once a gigantic volcano, is the largest intact caldera in the world. Some maintain that before it erupted, it would have been higher than Mt Kilimanjaro, the highest peak in Africa. Today, long since having collapsed and eroded, it is an extensive highland area with the famous 600 metre deep Ngorongoro Crater as its focal point. Nearly three million years old, the ancient caldera shelters one of the most beautiful wildlife havens on earth. Fresh springs and a large soda lake quench the thirst of all the inhabitants.
Spend two nights at &Beyond Ngorongoro Crater Lodge. Accommodation is in a suite with ensuite bathroom with bath and shower.
Day 7 – 9: Serengeti National Park
Tuck into a sensational breakfast feast before your drive back to the Manyara Airstrip, for your scheduled flight to &Beyond Klein’s Camp or Serengeti Under Canvas or Grumeti Serengeti Tented Camp.
The Serengeti National Park, meaning “endless plains” in the Masai language, is undoubtedly one of the world’s most celebrated Wilderness areas and is an ongoing source of inspiration to writers, filmmakers and photographers. It is Tanzania’s oldest game reserve, renowned for the part it plays in the annual Great Migration, when an estimated three million antelope – mostly wildebeest – migrate to Kenya’s Masai Mara Game Reserve. This epic, seasonal journey is a deeply moving experience and a wonderful photographic subject.
Spend three nights at &Beyond Klein’s Camp or &Beyond Serengeti Under Canvas or &Beyond Grumeti Serengeti Tented Camp.
Enjoy an early morning game drive and a tantalising breakfast before being driven back to the airstrip, where we wave a fond farewell as you board your scheduled flight to Kilimanjaro International Airport for your outbound flight.
- Our treat – Fly Me Around East Africa Offer (flights between lodges are on us)
- Meet and Greet service at Kilimanjaro Airport
- Accommodation inclusions as per individual properties
- All scheduled road transfers: Kilimanjaro Airport / Arusha Coffee Lodge, Arusha Coffee Lodge / Arusha Airport, Manyara Airstrip / &Beyond Lake Manyara Tree Lodge, &Beyond Lake Manyara Tree , Lodge / Manyara Airstrip, Manyara Airstrip / &Beyond Ngorongoro Crater Lodge, &Beyond Ngorongoro Crater Lodge / Manyara Airstrip
- All scheduled air transfers: Arusha Airport / Manyara Airstrip, Manyara Airstrip / Serengeti Airstrip, Serengeti Airstrip / Kilimanjaro Airport
- Tanzania National park fees / Conservancy fees
- Crater fees for one visit to Ngorongoro Crater
- Tanzania Tourism Development Levy
- Administration fee
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- The operator may reroute the itinerary in case of non-availability.
- High Season: A single supplement of 50% applies to all single rooms. Remainder of year: A single supplement of 25% applies to all single rooms at &Beyond Lodge’s. A single supplement will be charged when an adult is sharing with an infant.
- Child rates will be quoted on request.
- Maximum of four &Beyond lodges per package.
- Minimum of two guests in low season.
- Flight rates are purely for morning schedules.
- Above rate calculated on Fly Me offer plus additional night in Arusha.
- Validity periods are as specified above – should a booking fall over two rate periods the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote.
- The rates quoted are subject to change without prior warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, sales tax or VAT, third-party services or any other circumstances beyond our control in the countries featured in this quote.
- &Beyond Lake Manyara Tree Lodge and &Beyond Grumeti Tented Camp closed in April.
- &Beyond Trading Terms apply.
- Additional suggested activities not included in the rate.
Rates are per person sharing.
|VALIDITY||PER PERSON SHARING|
|1 Jan – 28 Feb ’18||USD 6 555|
|1 - 31Mar ’18; 1 – 31 May ’18; 1 Oct – 20 Dec ‘18||USD 6 330|
|1 Jun – 30 Sep ’18; 21 – 31 Dec’18||USD 9 017|