Luxury Safari Camps in the Chyulu Hills
About the Chyulu Hills
Tucked away between Tsavo West National Park and Amboseli National Park, Chyulu Hills National Park boasts striking and diverse landscapes. Chyulu is a rugged wilderness still showing signs of its volcanic origins – and boasting some of the best views of Kilimanjaro.
In addition to the critically endangered eastern black rhino, there are cheetah, elephant, fringe-eared oryx, gerenuk, and a variety of birdlife.
- Visit the 275,000 acre Mbirikani Group Ranch and see innovative lion conservation by the Maasai.
- See both ancient and new volcanic cinder cones and craters, with the most recent volcanic peak forming just 500 years ago.
- Explore the lava tubes of the Kisula Caves Complex.
- One of the best area to view Mt Kilimanjaro.
- Enjoy excellent bird watching on Lake Jipe in the southwest corner of the park.
Min 20°C/68°F Max 34°C/94°F
Min 11°C/52°F Max 25°C/78°F
Long rains from April to May; short rains from November to mid-December.