An exceptional ocean retreat situated along the idyllic shoreline of Turtle Bay in Mauritius.
Just 15 minutes from Mauritius’ vibrant capital of Port Louis, the spectacular Oberoi is ideally positioned to offer guests 600 metres of pristine beachfront on the shore of Turtle Bay. Here, amidst sprawling tropical gardens, guests can unwind in their choice of a pavilion or villa – each beautifully furnished with rustic oak and natural cane furniture, wall-to-wall glass windows that offer mesmerising ocean views or tranquil garden vistas, and lovely marble ensuite bathrooms.
A wonderful array of dining options are on offer at The Oberoi. The retreat features a main restaurant, its signature “On the Rocks” al fresco eatery (literally a stone’s throw from the ocean), a convivial bar area and The Gunpowder Room, a magnificent restored French colonial battery, which is has been recognised as a national monument. Other guest areas include a first-class spa, fitness centre, two swimming pools and a tennis court. Adventures include diving, water-skiing, windsurfing and sailing.
Why We Recommend This Property
- Toast some of Mauritius ’best sunset views from the comfort of your idyllic retreat.
- The hotel is situated close to a protected Marine Park, which is an excellent destination for snorkelling.
- The Oberoi is home to four national monuments that date back to the French colonial period and together make up a battery that was an integral part of the defence system of Mauritius.
- Indulge in an Ayurvedic, Western, Thai, Balinese or Oberoi signature treatment at its magnificent spa or partake in a hatha yoga, breathing exercise, t’ai chi or meditation session.
- Tuck into a delicious beach barbeque at the On the Rocks restaurant.