Okavango Channels and Plains explores the waterways of the Delta as well as the wildlife-rich savannahs in the summer months.
Classic Delta scenes and wildlife-rich savannahs
Okavango Channels and Plains sets out to explore the waterways of the Delta as well as the wildlife-rich savannahs of the south-eastern corner of the Okavango in the summer months. This very special time of year is when vibrant floral displays and dramatic skylines provide a stunning backdrop to thrilling wildlife interactions and the explosion of new life: many species give birth to their young.
- The opportunity to explore by land, on the water and from the air, via walks, day and night game drives, boating, mokoro trips and light air transfers.
- Exclusive access to two primary wilderness areas in the Okavango Delta.
- En-suite accommodation with all the comforts and amenities elegantly provided.
The journey starts with a fascinating overland journey to the Santawani Concession where you are hosted in a charming Explorations camp, and where you go in search of wildlife on the abundant plains of the south-eastern Okavango. A short flight over the scenic expanse of the region transports you to the plentiful channels and waterways of the heart of the Delta and a Classic Wilderness Safaris camp.
Arrive in Maun and transfer by road to Gomoti Tented Camp in the Santawani Concession, passing through small villages and taking in the rich wildlife of the area as we approach our destination. Activities focus around day and night game drives and nature walks.
After breakfast we fly by light aircraft over the shimmering waterworld of the Okavango Delta to Xigera, where we will have the opportunity to explore the crystal-clear channels by boat and traditional mokoro.
Bid farewell to your adventure and transfer by air to Maun Airport.
As a set-departure guided journey, Okavango Channels and Plains’ fully inclusive rates includes the expertise of a knowledgeable and professional guide who leads you from beginning to end, combined with tailor-made services like logistics, sightseeing and accommodation in our camps.
Our rates include:
• All meals
• Soft drinks, mineral water, fruit juice, house wine and beer, as well as local spirits such as gin and Amarula
• National Park fees
• Road transfers as specified
• Scheduled activities and all internal charters
Our rates exclude:
• Flights (other than specified in the detailed safari itinerary)
• Compulsory comprehensive insurance
• All relevant entry and departure Government taxes
• All personal purchases (including curios, spirit liquors, telephone calls, etc.)
• Optional extra activities
• Pre and post safari tours
• All other travel arrangements pre or post the safari and any new Government taxes
• Fuel or industry increases which are beyond our control
Ultimate Romance of Africa | Wild & Luxurious Southern Africa | Unforgettable Zimbabwe Safari | Ultimate BIG 5 Safari | Ultimate Leopard Safari | Ultimate Predator Safari | African Dunes, Delta & Falls | Best of Botswana Safari | Luxury Safari in Botswana | Luxury Tented Safari in Botswana | East Africa Safari | Karibu Kenya Safari | Kenya Walking Safari | Fly Me Around Kenya | African Safari & Island Romance | Black Spots and White Pearls | Romantic Mozambique Escape | Marine Big Five and Big Five Safari | Arid Space, Seaside and Endless Dunes | Enchanting Namibia Safari | Namibia Dunes & Desert Safari | Self-Drive Safari in Namibia | A Family Affair in Africa | Battlefields, Bush & Beach Safari | Cape Winelands & Whale Coast | Grand South Africa Villa Safari | Human Origins Safari | Sabi Sands & Table Mountain | Conquer Kilimanjaro | Treasures of Tanzania Safari | Romantic East Africa Safari | Secluded Tanzania Safari | Tanzania Beach & Safari Holiday | Zanzibar Beach & Safari Holiday | Best of Zimbabwe Safari | Lake Kariba & Victoria Falls | Wild Sights of Botswana | Gorilla Tracking in Rwanda | Gorilla Tracking in Uganda | Footsteps of Nelson Mandela | Private East African Safari | Botswana Summer Encounter | Great Wilderness Journey | Okavango Channels and Plains | Desert Dune Safari | Diverse Namibia | Hwange Walking Safari