Botswana Superior Explorer Expedition
2 nights Chobe National Park | 2 nights Savute | 2 nights Moremi Game Reserve | 2 nights Okavango Delta
The eight-night Superior Explorer Expedition offers mobile camping in Botswana’s Chobe National Park, Savute and ends of with a stay in a luxury &Beyond lodge in the Okavango Delta.
This adventure will take you to the spectacular regions of Botswana’s Chobe National Park and the Savute and rounds off your journey with a delightfully indulgent two night stay at one of our &Beyond lodges in the Okavango Delta. As an optional extra, you can add the renowned Victoria Falls to your itinerary.
You can now experience the very best of Botswana on a private, Superior Explorer Expedition. Perfect for families or groups looking for a privately guided Botswana experience; you now have the opportunity to choose a private guide, from our selection of Botswana safari experts, who will accompany you throughout your journey.
What makes this expedition special
- Rustic and comfortable mobile camping allows you to get closer than ever to the spectacular African wilderness, with the same personalised &Beyond experience.
- Your entire journey will be hosted by our most senior and experienced private guides who offer a wealth of knowledge about your chosen destinations and an engaging experience throughout your adventure.
- Your mobile camping adventure is fully inclusive – from the time you arrive in Botswana, every aspect of your journey will be conveniently organised for you.
- This ultimate African safari adventure guarantees an intimate, exclusive experience with a minimum of two guests and a maximum of six guests per departure, ensuring window seats on game drives for all. Children over 12 years of age are welcome.
- Best of Northern Botswana – Chobe, Savute, private concessions in the Okavango Delta. (Add Victoria Falls to the beginning of your trip for added guest delight).
- This adventure offers the perfect combination of land and water activities such as private boat cruises, game drives, mokoro excursions and fishing (seasonal).
- Round off your mobile camping adventure with a stay at one of &Beyond’s luxury lodges in the Okavango Delta.
DAY 1 & 2
Upon arrival at Maun International Airport you will be warmly welcomed by a member of the &Beyond team, who will direct you onto your light aircraft flight to Stanley’s airstrip.
The Okavango Delta is the world’s largest inland delta and a miracle of nature. This paradisiacal oasis of islands and waterways flowers in the middle of the arid Kalahari Desert. Most visitors to Botswana rate the Okavango Delta as the highlight of their trip and it is not hard to see why – in terms of pristine beauty, remote location, and rich diversity of animal and bird life, the Okavango Delta is unbeatable.
Overlooking the Boro River and surrounded by ebony and sausage trees, Sanctuary Stanley’s Camp is a beautiful tented safari camp that offers its guests the amazing opportunity to experience the magnificent variety of large mammals and the pristine surroundings of the Okavango.
Enjoy two nights at Sanctuary Stanley’s Camp in a Tent with ensuite bathroom and private deck. Your stay includes all meals daily, airport transfers, game viewing activities, park fees, laundry, non-alcoholic beverages and alcoholic beverages (excluding premium brands and Champagne).
Named after the famed explorer and artist Thomas Baine, Sanctuary Baines’ Camp is set in the picturesque surrounds of the Boro River. It offers elegant suites set on elevated platforms, offering breathtaking views of the river and a nearby lagoon. Each suite features a comfortable four-poster bed – which can be moved outdoors for spectacular nights under the stars – an ensuite bathroom, personal bar, ceiling fans and a private veranda.
Spend two nights in an elevated Suite with ensuite bathroom and private viewing deck. Your stay includes all meals daily, airport transfers, game viewing activities, park fees, laundry, non-alcoholic beverages and alcoholic beverages (excluding premium brands and Champagne).
Adventures from both camps include exhilarating twice-daily game drives on the private concession, informative guided walking safaris, seasonal gentle mokoro (dug-out canoe) safaris and a unique opportunity to interact with elephants — a definite must! (Additional cost).
DAY 3 & 4
After a delicious breakfast, you will be transferred by light aircraft to Sanctuary Chief’s Camp.
The only proclaimed wildlife reserve in the Okavango Delta, Moremi Game Reserve boasts the most diverse habitat and animal populations in Botswana. The reserve contains about a quarter of the Okavango Delta and stretches across several thousand square kilometres, comprising a stunning landscape of forests, lagoons, floodplains and islands. Game viewing is excellent year-round and resident species include lion, cheetah, leopard, elephant, wild dog, zebra, red lechwe and many more.
Relax for two nights at Sanctuary Chief’s Camp in a Luxury Pavilion with ensuite bathroom boasting an indoor and outdoor shower and a private viewing deck with terrace splash pool overlooking the surrounding floodplains. Your stay includes all meals daily, airport transfers, game viewing activities, park fees, laundry, non-alcoholic beverages and alcoholic beverages (excluding premium brands and Champagne).
Activities include morning and afternoon game drives and seasonal mokoro excursions.
DAY 5 & 6
Today you will hop aboard a light aircraft for your flight to Kasane International Airport, where you will be met and driven to Sanctuary Chobe Chilwero.
Further north from the Okavango Delta lies Chobe National Park, encompassing 11 000 km² of wilderness, bordered in the north by the beautiful Chobe River, and buffered on all sides by wildlife management areas and forest reserves allowing for the free movement of game. Known as one of the top wilderness reserves in the world and home to the largest single concentration of elephant, Chobe National Park is a wildlife enthusiast’s dream. Throughout the year, herds of buffalo and elephant can be seen drinking at the river’s edge, with their numbers swelling into hundreds and thousands during the dry season. Two region specific antelope, the puku and the Chobe bushbuck, cannot be seen anywhere in Botswana except on the Chobe riverfront.
Spend two nights at Sanctuary Chobe Chilwero. Accommodation is in a Luxury Cottage with a modern freestanding bath, indoor and al fresco showers, terrace and private garden with a hammock overlooking the magnificent Chobe River. Your stay includes all meals daily, airport transfers, game viewing activities, park fees, laundry, non-alcoholic beverages and alcoholic beverages (excluding premium brands and Champagne).
Adventures include game drives led by professional guides, motorised boat safaris, sundowner cruises on the Chobe River and fishing excursions (pre-booking is advised).
DAY 7 & 8
After a mouth-watering breakfast, you will be transferred to Sanctuary Sussi & Chuma in Livingstone, Zambia, clearing customs en-route.
This charming colonial town, named after the legendary Victorian missionary and explorer – Dr. David Livingstone, was once the bustling capital of Zambia. Established in 1905, as the country’s key European settlement, it enjoyed the excellent facilities synonymous with high society – the town still boasts the elegant Edwardian architecture of this era. Livingstone acts as Zambia’s adventure gateway as it is conveniently situated near the mighty Zambezi River and the breathtaking Victoria Falls.
Spend two nights at Sanctuary Sussi & Chuma. Accommodation is in a Treehouse with a lovely en-suite bathroom. Your stay includes all meals daily, teas, coffees, local brand drinks, game viewing activities, park fees and laundry. Your stay includes all meals daily, return transfers from Livingstone Airport, game viewing activities, park fees, laundry, non-alcoholic beverages and alcoholic beverages (excluding premium brands and Champagne).
Adventures include game drives in the Mosi-Oa-Tunya National Park in open 4×4 safari vehicles, guided walks, canoeing on the Zambezi, fishing, sundowner cruises, local school and village tour and a visit to the Zambian side of the Victoria Falls (excluding Victoria Falls Heritage fee).
After a mouth-watering breakfast you will be transferred by road to Harry Mwanga Nkumbula International Airport for your outbound scheduled flight.
Botswana Southern Sanctuaries
- Meet and greet at Maun Airport or Kasane Airport (13h00)
- Three meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers, teas and coffees, refreshments on game drives
- Transfers to and from the lodge airstrip
- National Park entrance fees while on safari
- Road transfers during your safari
- Seat on plane as specified
- Domestic airport tax within Botswana
- Waterborne/game viewing activities while on safari
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Services of an &Beyond guide throughout your adventure in Botswana
- Administration fee (2020 only)
What’s not included
- Telephone calls
- Safari shop purchases
- All items of a personal nature
- Champagne, cognacs, fine wines and premium brand spirits
- Administration fee (2019 only)
- This safari travels with a maximum of 6 guests in 3 tents, in a specially customised 4×4 safari vehicle, and accompanied by an expert &Beyond safari guide throughout
- Child sharing rate is applicable to children between the ages of 12 years and 16 years. Children between the ages of 12 years and 16 years are only permitted on the Botswana Highlights Expedition and Superior Explorer Expedition. Children under the age of 12 are not permitted
- Triple rooms are unfortunately not available on any of our andBeyond Botswana Expeditions
- The upper age limit for this safari is 70 years, however, guests between the age of 70 and 75 years may be accepted provided that they produce a medical certificate stating that they are fit to travel
- Validity periods are specified above – should a booking fall over two rate periods the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote
- All Expeditions are closed for the month on January due to annual maintenance and training
- The rates quoted are subject to change without prior warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, sales tax or VAT, third-party services or any other circumstances beyond our control in the countries featured in this quote
- Please be advised that the use of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (Drones) is not allowed in any of the conservation areas we manage until such time as their impact on wildlife and anti-poaching initiatives can be assessed. This rule will apply throughout Africa, as our partners in various countries and regions have adopted a similar stance
- Private Guide request is subject to availability of the guide at the time of booking
- German-speaking and French-speaking departures are available on request, subject to minimum 2 guests and maximum 4 guests on departure and a supplement will apply
2019: PER PERSON SHARING
01 MAY – 31 MAY – USD 4,530
01 JUN – 31 OCT – USD 8,030
01 NOV – 31 DEC – USD 4,530
2020: PER PERSON SHARING
01 MAY – 31 MAY – USD 4,670
01 JUN – 31 OCT – USD 8,275
01 NOV – 31 DEC – USD 4,670