Mala Mala – 16 000 hectares of the Sabi Sand’s single largest privately owned game reserve, an award winning safari destination, and an unfenced gem of densely populated lowveld. Home to various habitats, themselves host to a multitude of bird, mammal, and fish species – ranging from its Big Five territory to its twilight soaked viewing decks and luxury accommodation.
Imbued with the spirit of MalaMala, MalaMala Sable Camp is a more intimate version of the MalaMala Camp and the choice for those seeking a more private and intimate safari. Situated at the southern end of the MalaMala Camp in a prime elevated position overlooking the Sand River and surrounding bushveld, Sable Camp accommodates a maximum of 14 guests. It may also be reserved exclusively for between 10 and 18 guests.
- Air-conditioned library with satellite television, complimentary internet connectivity and DVD player
- Air-conditioned safari bar and dining-room
- A large wooden safari deck – the ideal vantage point from which to observe the steady flow of animal life at the Sand River’s edge
- A filtered swimming pool nestled in the flood plain below the camp
- The safari boutique and fitness facility are located in the MalaMala Main Camp which is situated close by.
- Mobile phone coverage (MTN) and complimentary wireless internet connectivity are available at all the MalaMala Game Reserve camps
5 luxury suites and the 2 bedroom Lion’s Den suite.
- Suites – 85m2
- Decks – 15m to 20m2
Lions Den Suite: 2 en-suite bedrooms separated by a large sitting room.
Family rooms able to accommodate a third adult or two children are available on request.
Age restriction: No children under the age of 12.
Capacity on game drives: 6 guests per safari vehicle.
- En-suite bathroom
- 24-hour temperature control
- Direct dial telephones
- A mini-bar
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- A mini-safe
- Bathroom amenities, insect repellent and hairdryers
Children under 12 years are not permitted unless exclusive use is reserved
• Air-conditioned, en-suite accommodation
• All meals and snacks
• Drinks (excluding premium brands)
• Game drives in open 4-wheel drive safari vehicles conducted by an experienced ranger
• Nature walks
• Transfers to/from the MalaMala Game Reserve airstrip
• Limited laundry service
• Telecommunication costs
• Skukuza Airport transfers
• Transfers to/from any other camps (excluding MalaMala Game Reserve camps)
• Sabi Sand Wildtuin entrance fee if travelling by road
• US$ 14.00 per person per day Community Levy