Chyulu Hills in Kenya
Tucked away between Tsavo West National Park and Amboseli National Park, Chyulu Hills National Park boasts striking and diverse landscapes. Chyulu is a rugged wilderness still showing signs of its volcanic origins – and boasting some of the best views of Kilimanjaro.
In addition to the critically endangered eastern black rhino, there are cheetah, elephant, fringe-eared oryx, gerenuk, and a variety of birdlife.
- Visit the 275,000 acre Mbirikani Group Ranch and see innovative lion conservation by the Maasai.
- See both ancient and new volcanic cinder cones and craters, with the most recent volcanic peak forming just 500 years ago.
- Explore the lava tubes of the Kisula Caves Complex.
- One of the best area to view Mt Kilimanjaro.
- Enjoy excellent bird watching on Lake Jipe in the southwest corner of the park.
Min 20°C/68°F Max 34°C/94°F
Min 11°C/52°F Max 25°C/78°F
Long rains from April to May; short rains from November to mid-December.