Kirkmans and Benguerra (8 Days)
Combine sea and safari from the Sabi Sands to the golden sands of Bazaruto
Combine sea and safari on a journey from some of South Africa’s best known game reserves to the golden sands of Mozambique’s Bazaruto Archipelago. Track the Big Five in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve with unfenced borders with the famous Kruger National Park, allowing them to benefit from the high wildlife numbers in this renowned park. After your wildlife adventure, pamper yourself with some rest and relaxation in the tropical climate and sunshine of &Beyond Benguerra Island. Explore the warm waters and marvel at the marine life of the island’s coral reefs on scuba diving expeditions, enjoy the thrill of deep sea fishing or simply explore the magical setting and soaring dunes of Benguerra.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE ITINERARY:
- Exceptional wildlife sightings
- Long walks on a sandy beach
- Sipping a cocktail while feeling the sand between your toes
MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR ADVENTURE:
- For an unforgettable wilderness experience, be sure to book a Cascades & Canyons helicopter flight during your stay in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve. This is an exhilarating flight that swoops over the deep and lush gorges of the Blyde River Canyon and through verdant valleys bursting with colour.
- Enjoy the festive atmosphere at Paul’s Pub at &Beyond Kirkman’s Kamp, where guests can mingle and read the ‘wildlife scoreboards’.
- Enjoy an amazing castaway picnic in the beautiful sand dunes of &Beyond Benguerra Island.
SPECIALLY CREATED FOR:
- Wildlife enthusiasts
- Adventure travellers
- Avid photographers
- Beach lovers
Day 1 – 3 (andBeyond Kirkman’s Kamp, Sabi Sand Game Reserve, South Africa)
Upon arrival at OR Tambo International Airport, you will be met by a Menzies Aviation representative and assisted through customs and immigration. You will then be assisted with check in procedures for your onward flight to Skukuza Airport.
On arrival at Skukuza Airport, you will be met by a member of our &Beyond team and transferred to &Beyond Kirkman’s Kamp.
Adventure awaits during your 3 night stay at andBeyond Kirkmans Kamp in a suite with ensuite bathroom with bath and shower. Your stay includes accommodation, three meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers, teas and coffees, refreshments on game drives, laundry, scheduled safari activities, a 1 hour nature walk, emergency medical evacuation insurance as well as transfers to and from the airstrip.
- Game Drive
- Interpretative nature walks
- Photographic Safari with Andrew Schoeman (at an additional cost)
andBeyond Kirkman’s Kamp, with its spectacular views of the unspoiled wilderness, is regarded as one of the best loved lodges in the Sabi Sand Game Reserve. It is a well known historic camp, originally built in the early 1920’s, and celebrates the atmosphere of an early South African lowveld homestead. The colonial atmosphere of gracious style and luxury has been retained, and guests step back in time upon entering the original homestead, which now houses the Lodge’s sitting, dining and bar areas. Each of the 18 guest cottages has a private veranda and is furnished in the same charming style with ensuite bathrooms. The large sitting room, with a 1920’s ambience, leads through double French doors onto rolling lawns that provide a velvety contrast to the wild and tumbling bush surrounding the Lodge. Breakfast and lunch are served on shady verandas, and dinners are shared in the dramatic boma or in romantic lanternlit bush settings.
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT ANDBEYOND KIRKMAN’S KAMP
- Take time-out after a successful day of game viewing and head to the pool area. It boasts breathtaking views and leopard are often seen here too.
- Savour a classic cocktail in Harry’s Bar and, whilst you’re there, list the day’s exciting sightings on the chalk board.
- Toast the sun as it sets over another magical day in Africa with an artisanal gin, sipped under the shade of a 650 year old fig tree.
- Enjoy an afternoon of tennis on a court that was originally opened by legendary player, Billy Gene King.
- Find original antiques scattered around the lodge that have been handed down over the decades, and what give this 1920’s homestead its authentic “Out of Africa” feel. Ask your hosts about the fascinating history of &Beyond Kirkman’s Kamp.
Day 4 – 7 (andBeyond Benguerra Island, Bazaruto Archipelago, Mozambique)
After a mouth-watering breakfast, you will be driven to the Airport for your flight to Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport, where you will board a flight to Vilanculos International Airport.
Upon arrival you will be met by an &Beyonder who will direct you onto your helicopter flight to Benguerra Island. Marvel at the beauty of the Bazaruto Archipelago with its scenic wonders. (Approximately 10 minutes)
Put your feet up at andBeyond Benguerra Island for your 4 night stay in a casinha with ensuite bathroom and outdoor shower. Your stay includes three meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers, teas and coffees, laundry, emergency medical evacuation insurance, transfers to and from the lodge airstrip. Activities includes scuba diving – max 2 dives per day (tide-dependent) – full PADI certification required , horse riding, sea kayaking, sunset dhow cruise, scheduled snorkelling trip, castaway picnic, island expedition & local village tour (subject to availability and weather conditions).
A tropical paradise tucked into a lush indigenous forest and looking out onto a picturesque crescent of sandy beach, andBeyond Benguerra Island has recently undergone an extensive refurbishment to become the quintessential luxury island retreat. Boasting a fresh island feel, the lodge’s welcoming guest areas offer views of the lush tropical garden and the ocean beyond. Set deep in cleverly created patches of shade, comfortable loungers beckon guests to relax around the rim flow swimming pool while drinking in the ocean views. Closer to the water’s edge, the lodge’s colourful beach bar is the perfect setting to relax or enjoy open air meals right on the sand. Ten casinhas and two cabanas peep out directly onto ocean vistas, while a spacious Casa Familia ensures privacy and exclusivity.
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT ANDBEYOND BENGUERRA ISLAND
- Request one of their amazing castaway picnics, set in the beautiful sand dunes.
- Sail away into the sunset on a romantic dhow cruise.
- Ask your hosts when the rare and mysterious dugong were last spotted – who knows, you might get lucky!
After a mouth-watering breakfast, we wave a fond farewell as you board a helicopter for your flight back to Vilanculos International Airport, where you will catch a scheduled flight to O.R Tambo International Airport.
- Welcome and assistance at O.R Tambo International Airport and Vilanculos International Airport
- Road transfers:
Skukuza Airport to &Beyond Kirkman’s Kamp and visa versa
- Scheduled flights:
O.R Tambo International Airport to Skukuza Airport
Skukuza Airport to Vilanculos International Airport via Nelspruit
Vilanculos International Airport to O.R Tambo International Airport
- Helicopter flights:
Vilanculos International Airport to &Beyond Benguerra Island and visa versa
- Accommodation as specified above
- Meals and beverages as specified above
- Park fees:
Sabi Sand Conservation fee
Sabi Sand Conservation Contribution fee
Benguerra Island Conservation fee
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Administration fee
- Rates are quoted on a per person sharing basis.
- A single supplement of 50% applies from the first single room throughout the year.
- &Beyond Benguerra Island is closed from 25 February to 17 March 2018
- The operator may reroute the itinerary or accommodate in similar lodges in case of non-availability.
- Single traveller supplement and child rates will be quoted on request.
- Flight rates are subject to change.
- Validity periods are as specified above; should a booking fall over two rate periods the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote.
- The rates quoted are subject to change without warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, sales tax or VAT, third-party services, the rand / dollar exchange rate or any other circumstances beyond our control in South Africa or Mozambique.
- Rates are subject to currency fluctuations.
- &Beyond trading terms apply.
|Validity periods||Per person sharing|
|1 Jan – 31 Dec ‘18||USD 8 520|
&Beyond Long Stay Rates
Fly me to the Beach – Benguerra Island – Complimentary return helicopter transfers between Vilanculos and Benguerra Island.