Camp Amalinda in the Matobo Hills
Camp Amalinda is set amongst the spectacular Matobo Hills within the wildlife-rich Matobo National Park.
At Camp Amalinda, luxurious rooms cradled in huge granite boulders include comfortable beds, air-conditioning and spacious ensuite bathrooms. Guests can tuck into delicious meals around a massive teak table in the open dining room or enjoy refreshing sundowners around a crackling fire in the traditional boma. Those in need of relaxation can lounge around the inviting swimming pool and bar area overlooking a popular waterhole, whilst the energetically-inclined can head to the fully-equipped gym for an exhilarating workout.
A cosy library boasting an impressive selection of vintage African Classics and a secluded chess room hidden amongst the tree tops, add to guest delight. The superb Heritage Spa spoils guests with soul-soothing massages and indulgent beauty treatments. Adventures include game drives, bush walks, birdwatching and visits to the historic caves to view the famed San rock paintings.
You will be lead by our knowledgeable and professional guides through this enchanting area. The choice of activities include:
- Historic trek to Rhodes’ grave and “View of the World”
- Sunset hikes to the tops of granite dwalas
- Walks to world renowned caves and bushman paintings
- Game drives into the National Park
- Spa salon with a professional masseuse
- Rhino walks (on request)
- Swimming pool
Facts and Facilities:
- A thatched, elevated dining area
- Library area with a selection of African classics
- Two bar areas with a variety of local and imported beverages
- Laundry service
- A sunset lounge and show kitchen
- Tea and coffee station
- Borehole water throughout camp
- Set meals with dietary requirements accepted and meals served at the captain’s table
- Credit card facilities available: ONLY Visa & Mastercard accepted
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.