Cape Peninsula Tour (FD)
Private Full Day Classic Cape Peninsula Tour
Private Full Day Classic Peninsula Tour
Take a drive through the charming and picturesque coastal towns of the Cape and enjoy spectacular views from the world-famous Chapman’s Peak pass. Visit the charismatic penguins at Boulders Beach, and look out for Cape Fur Seals on Duiker Island. Don’t forget to look for southern right whales and explore Table Mountain National Park in search of wildlife (both on land and in the air!) Marvel at the stunning scenery of Kirstenbosch Gardens and enjoy lunch at a local restaurant.
- Travel through many famous coastal suburbs of the Cape and traverse one of the world’s most spectacular passes – Chapman’s Peak.
- Visit the African penguin colony at Boulders Beach as well as the Cape fur seal colony on Duiker Island (weather dependent).
- Catch a glimpse of Southern right whales (seasonal) off the Cape’s longest beach.
- Spot wildlife in the Table Mountain National Park, and explore the rocky coastline, the Cape fynbos vegetation and the south-westernmost point of Africa – Cape Point – and its lighthouse.
- Stroll through world-famous Kirstenbosch Botanical Garden at the foot of Table Mountain.
- Lunch at an a la carte coastal restaurant (own account).
We make our way along the Atlantic seaboard passing Sea Point, Bantry Bay and Clifton. Bakoven and Llandudno, with their ghostly shipwrecks, are also fantastic sights on the way to the fishing village of Hout Bay, where we board a boat to view the Cape fur seal colony on Duiker Island (weather dependent).
From here we navigate the 114 curves of 600m high Chapman’s Peak Drive. Enter the Cape of Good Hope section of the Table Mountain National Park with its unique Cape fynbos vegetation and home to birds like African black oystercatchers and Cape sugarbirds as well as to very special fauna including Cape mountain zebra, bontebok (both endemic) and the charismatic Cape
Climb or ride the world’s first environmentally friendly funicular (own account) to the famous Cape Point Lighthouse to capture the magical vistas of False Bay.
After lunch (own account), we visit Boulders Beach to see the penguins, and then head home through the naval village of Simonstown and over scenic Boyes Drive, taking in the views of the fishing harbour at Kalk Bay and the seaside havens of St James and Muizenberg.
To round off your day you can take a stroll through Kirstenbosch Botanical Garden on the slopes of Table Mountain.
Cape Peninsula Tour