Cape Winelands Cycling (FD)
Private Full Day Cape Winelands and Cycling Tour
Private Full Day Winelands and Cycling Tour
You will be collected from your hotel for a full day of cycling through breathtaking vineyards, with wine tasting along the way, as well as plenty of opportunities to learn about the history and culture of the area. There will also be a delicious lunch at one of the outstanding local restaurants.
- Cycling through vineyards with the opportunity of wine tasting at some of the estates.
- Learn more about the history and culture of this region.
- Lunch at a one of the excellent local restaurants.
Depart the city for the charming French town of Franschhoek, nestled in the heart of the breathtaking Cape Winelands. Meet your cycling guide before gearing up for a leisurely ride through historic vineyards, stopping at various estates en route to sample the nectar of the Gods. The length of the ride (weather dependent) and routing can be varied depending on preferences and fitness levels. The Cape Winelands are some of the most beautiful in the world, with a heritage that lives on in exquisitely preserved historic estates boasting a rich 400-year old winemaking tradition, producing some of the world’s most celebrated wines. Take in a leisurely lunch at one of the fabulous local restaurants.
The region boasts beautifully preserved Cape Dutch architecture, museums, galleries and shops which can be visited in the late afternoon before returning to your hotel.
- Grade: Easy. Slight incline on the ride into Franschhoek and a short hill in the village. Note that sections of this ride are on the busy R45, but there is a good hard shoulder to ride in.
- Alternative Routes: alternatives exist for more serious riders to include the Robertsvlei Valley route (an extra 10km), or to push the ride out along the R45 to include the wine farms of Graham Beck or L’Ormarins / Sohlm Delta.
Cape Winelands Cycling