Wings over Botswana (5 Days)
Create your own adventure among the rich wildlife and magnificent landscapes of Botswana
Create your own adventure among the rich wildlife and magnificent landscapes of Botswana, choosing from any of six exceptional &Beyond safari lodges and camps. Enjoy some of the best game viewing in the Delta at the breathtaking &Beyond Sandibe Okavango Safari Lodge. Indulge in the perfect blend of water and wildlife adventures at &Beyond Nxabega Okavango Tented Camp or immerse yourself deep in the heart of a watery wonderland at &Beyond Xudum Okavango Delta Lodge or &Beyond Xaranna Okavango Delta Camp. Experience a classic safari adventure at the semi-mobile tented camps of &Beyond Chobe Under Canvas or &Beyond Savute Under Canvas, exploring the mysterious Savute Channel or watching herds of elephant come down to drink on the banks of the Chobe River.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE ITINERARY:
- Okavango Delta: a bird-lovers paradise
- Life in and out of water
- Expansive views and prime wildlife experiences
MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR ADVENTURE:
- Spoil yourself with an unforgettable Botswana wilderness experience and book a helicopter flight over the Okavango Delta. This thrilling adventure offers awe-inspiring aerial views of this dramatic water-wonderland.
- Stand in awe of the majestic Victoria Falls – be sure to add it on!
SPECIALLY CREATED FOR:
- Honeymoons and those in search of romance
- First time travellers to Africa
- Wildlife enthusiasts
Wings over Botswana
Day 1 – 2 (andBeyond Chobe Under Canvas, Chobe National Park, Botswana)
Upon arrival at Maun Airport you will be greeted by a member from the andBeyond team who will assist you onto a Mack Air light aircraft. From here, you and fellow guests will be flown to Kasane Airport (Approximately. 80 minutes).
Delight in your 2 night stay at andBeyond Chobe Under Canvas in a comfortable and spacious mobile tent with ensuite bathroom. Your stay includes accommodation, three meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers, teas and coffees, refreshments on game drives, scheduled safari activities, one photographic safari on the Chobe River with Pangolin Photo Safaris, emergency medical evacuation insurance, transfers to and from the airstrip.
- Game Drives
- Photographic Safari on the Chobe River
andBeyond Chobe Under Canvas reaches far beyond the bounds of the traditional Botswana safari – this mobile tented camp, situated in remote and beautiful corners of Botswana, offers guests a safari of a lifetime. This intimate camp features just five ensuite safari tents, carefully positioned in exclusive semi-permanent campsites in northern Chobe National Park. Booked on a nightly basis, each ensuite mobile tent boasts a comfortable double bed, ensuite bathroom, flush w.c. and bucket shower – this is the ultimate in wilderness camping.
The guest areas comprise comfortable tents for dining, meeting for a pre-dinner drink, or just for whiling the time away between safaris – complete with delicious home-baked meals and traditional bush dinners served under the stars.
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT ANDBEYOND CHOBE UNDER CANVAS
- Savour mouth-watering menus as you dine beneath the stars.
- At the end of a successful day of game viewing, sip on a nightcap around the campfire and unwind as your guide keeps you spellbound with their many enthralling stories of the bush.
Day 3 – 4 (andBeyond Nxabega Okavango Tented Camp, Okavango Delta, Botswana)
Upon arrival at Kasane Airport a member of the andBeyond team will be waiting to assist you onto your next flight with Mack Air. From here, you and fellow guests will be flown to Nxabega airstrip. Enjoy the beautiful views as you fly over mopane veld which soon reach the breathtaking waterways of the Okavango Delta (Approximately 80 minutes).
Adventure awaits you during your 2 night stay at andBeyond Nxabega Okavango Tented Camp in a Luxury Tent with ensuite bathroom with shower only. Your stay includes three meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits, beers, refreshments on game drives, scheduled safari activities, emergency medical evacuation insurance, laundry as well as transfers to and from the airstrip.
- Motorized Boat Excursions
- Game Drives
- Mokoro Trips
Recommended activities (at additional cost):
- Scenic Helicopter Flight
andBeyond Nxabega Okavango Tented Camp is located on the edge of the Okavango Delta in a 7 000 hectare exclusive wildlife concession bordering Moremi Game Reserve. The Camp is known for its elegant tented accommodation with breathtaking views of the ever-changing Okavango Delta. It is a skillful combination of luxury and integration with the environment. Nine exclusive tented suites on raised wooden platforms nestle under a canopy of African ebony trees, featuring ensuite bathrooms and private verandas overlooking the reeded molapo (floodplain).The guest areas, made from the local timber, reed and thatch, include indoor and outdoor dining, a Safari Shop and a swimming pool with expansive deck. From this springboard of comfort, guests are able to appreciate the exquisite beauty of the Okavango Delta. Private bush dinners, breakfasts in bed, lamplit cocktails on a river island, or a walking safari with al fresco picnic are provided with pleasure by Nxabega’s warm and friendly staff.
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT ANDBEYOND NXABEGA OKAVANGO TENTED CAMP
- Surprise the poling tracker on your mokoro trip by grabbing a water lily and squeezing the end at him — it shoots like a water pistol.
- Challenge your loved one to a game of Scrabble on the pool deck and when that is done have a bird watching competition without leaving the comfort of your chair.
- At dinnertime, ask Nxabega’s Sing for Life choir to perform one of their beautiful African anthems.
After a mouth-watering breakfast, we wave a fond farewell. Enjoy a game drive to Nxabega airstrip where a Mack Air light aircraft will be waiting to fly you, and fellow guests, to Maun Airport. Savour the views of the sparkling lagoons and palm tree islands as you fly over this water wonderland for one last time (Approximately 25 minutes).
Wings over Botswana
- Meet and Greet at Maun and Kasane Airport
- Accommodation inclusions as per itinerary above
- Meals on a full board basis at each lodge
- Soft drinks, house wine, local brand spirits, local beer, teas and coffees (premium brands to own account)
- Waterborne / game viewing activities as offered by the camps / lodges
- Seat on charter flights as per the specific itinerary above
- National Parks entrance fees
- Domestic airport tax within Botswana
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Administration Fee
What’s not included:
- Gratuities and all items of a personal nature
- Meals and drinks not specified above
- Champagne, cognacs, cellar wines, cigars and cigarettes
- Visas (please thoroughly check the requirements for the countries being visited prior to travel)
- Maximum 2 camps/lodges
- Additional offer available: Honeymoon offer (the groom pays full rate and the bride pays 50% of the accommodation rate for their whole stay. Please refer to the honeymoon offer terms and conditions)
- Rates are based on two guests travelling (not applicable to &Beyond family suites)
- A single supplement of 50% applies from the first single room. Single traveller supplement and child rates will be quoted on request.
- Chobe Under Canvas rate includes one photographic safari on the Chobe River with Pangolin Photo Safaris:
This incredible half-day adventure will allow guests to capture the magnificent fauna and flora of the Chobe River, aboard a custom-built Pangolin photographic boat. Guests will be accompanied by professional photographers who will offer expert tips and recommendations on how to capture the most breath-taking images. Every seat on the boat is fitted with a top-of-the-range camera, which is fixed to a customised mount, so guests needn’t bring their own equipment.
- Nxabega Okavango Tented Camp and Xaranna Okavango Delta Camp: Triple room only allows for children under 12 years to share with two adults.
- The rates quoted are subject to change without warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, sales tax or VAT, third-party services or any other circumstances beyond our control in Botswana
- The order of the camps may vary subject to availability at the time of booking
- The 4-night packages are calculated using &Beyond’s long stay rates
- &Beyond trading terms apply.
Wings over Botswana
More Luxury Safaris