Kruger Park Luxury Safari (4 Days)
This exceptional 4-day safari will take you to the pristine surrounds of Ngala Tented Camp
*Note: Prices quoted are per person sharing and may vary from season to season. Please see all Rates below.
This exceptional 4-day African safari will take you to the pristine surrounds of &Beyond Ngala Private Game Reserve where you will experience luxurious accommodation, exceptional wildlife encounters and engaging personalities. &Beyond Ngala Private Game Reserve shares an unfenced boundary with the world-renowned Kruger National Park, South Africa’s largest wildlife sanctuary and one of the biggest nature reserves in the world (encompassing 2 million hectares of wilderness). A spectacular diversity of wildlife moves through this immense wilderness – elephant, leopard, spotted hyena, giraffe, buffalo and white rhino. Meaning “lion” in Shangaan, Ngala lives up to its name, supporting several prides of these powerful cats. Cheetah and African wild dog also regularly move through the Reserve. &Beyond Ngala was the first private game reserve to be incorporated into Kruger National Park, and has exclusive traversing rights over 14 700 hectares of game-rich wilderness. Ngala offers an intimate African wildlife experience, led by expert ranger and tracker teams. In one of Africa’s most innovative conservation partnership agreements, an annual lease, traversing fee and percentage of Ngala’s profits are paid to the National Parks Trust to further conservation projects throughout South Africa.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE ITINERARY:
- Exceptional wildlife sightings
- Set off on a Big Five safari experience
MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR ADVENTURE:
- Book the Luxury Walking Safari when you stay at &Beyond Ngala Private Game Reserve, where you are able to track big game on foot and sleep out under the stars.
- Enjoy a delicious lunch, served in the garden and watch the lively antics of the resident troop of monkeys.
- Ask your ranger to stop for drinks in the dry riverbed — take your socks off and pretend you are at the beach.
- For unmatched body and mind rejuvenation, enjoy a relaxing treatment in Ngala’s chic new massage sala.
SPECIALLY CREATED FOR:
- Wildlife enthusiasts
- Adventure travellers
- Avid photographers
Kruger Park Luxury Safari
This adventure begins and ends at OR Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg.
DAY 1, 2 & 3
On arrival at OR Tambo International Airport you will be warmly welcomed by an &Beyond representative, who will assist you onto a scheduled flight to &Beyond Ngala Private Game Reserve.
On arrival at Ngala airstrip, you will be met by a member of our &Beyond team and transferred to &Beyond Ngala Tented Camp.
Ngala Tented Camp at &Beyond Ngala Private Game Reserve, situated only 3 km from Kruger’s Orpen Gate, is internationally renowned for its sophisticated tented accommodation in tranquil African bush surrounds. It comprises nine luxurious tented suites on raised platforms with outdoor showers, baths mounted on rough-hewn wooden bases, swirling overhead fans, air conditioning, electric blankets for winter, and private wooden decks. Stylish tent interiors feature imaginative retro pieces from the 60’s and 70’s. Ngala Tented Camp was constructed with a light footprint – built on platforms, each tented suite was cleverly designed to incorporate existing trees, thereby minimising environmental impact. Mature indigenous shade trees form a luxuriantly cool canopy over the Camp, and elegant guest areas overlook the seasonal Timbavati riverbed. The Camp’s lap pool is perfect for idle afternoon game viewing. Private lunch platters are savoured on the viewing decks, at the poolside, or in the garden. Theatrical al fresco dinners in the dry riverbed are unforgettable.
Spend three nights in a spacious safari tent with an outdoor shower at &Beyond Ngala Tented Camp. Your stay includes three meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirits and beers, teas and coffees, scheduled safari activities, refreshments on game drives, one-hour nature walks accompanied by experienced armed trackers (subject to availability) and laundry.
Activities include twice-daily game drives (including spotlit night drives) in open 4×4 safari vehicles with expert guides and Shangaan trackers.
After a mouth-watering breakfast, you will be driven to Ngala airstrip where you will board a flight to OR Tambo International Airport.
ADDITIONAL SUGGESTED ACTIVITIES
CASCADES AND CANYON SPECTACULAR
This is an exhilarating flight that swoops over deep and mysterious gorges and through lush valleys bursting with vegetation and colour. You will be collected from your lodge in the southern part of the Sabi Sand Game Reserve and chauffeured to Hazyview, where you will meet your helicopter pilot. The flight will linger above cascading waterfalls, allowing for spectacular photographic opportunities, before continuing along the escarpment to God’s Window, which offers panoramic views of the bushveld below. Then it is on to the fascinating and dramatic rock formations of the 1 000-metre-deep (3 280-foot), 30-kilometre-long (19 mile) Blyde River Canyon (the third deepest and greenest canyon in the world). Enjoy clear views of the peaks known as the Three Rondavels before landing at a site with magnificent views of the Mpumalanga Lowveld, where you will be invited to enjoy a delicious picnic accompanied by South African sparkling wine. Once the helicopter lands for the final time, you will be driven back to your luxurious lodge.
Min 2 guests, max 4 guests; Duration 2.5 hours
LUXURY WALKING SAFARI
For those looking for an active thrill beyond the excitement of Big Five sightings on a game drive vehicle, a walking safari offers an opportunity to connect with the African bush, interacting with all its inhabitants, from largest to smallest. Embark on an adventure where your feet tread in the tracks of zebra and buffalo, your nostrils fill with the scent of crushed wild grasses and you push through the brush with all six senses re-awakening as Africa touches you and you touch Africa. This safari is offered at &Beyond Ngala Private Game Reserve.
Min 2 night stay, Max 6 guests; 16 years and older.
Kruger Park Luxury Safari
INCLUDED IN THE RATE
- Welcome and assistance at OR Tambo International Airport
- Road transport
o Ngala airstrip to &Beyond Ngala Tented Camp
o &Beyond Ngala Tented Camp to Ngala airstrip
- Scheduled flights
o OR Tambo International Airport to Ngala airstrip
o Ngala airstrip to OR Tambo International Airport
- Accommodation as specified above
- Meals and beverages as specified above
- Safari activities as offered by the lodges
- Park fees
o Timbavati Conservation fee
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Administration fee
- Rates are quoted on a per person sharing basis.
- A single supplement of 50% applies from the first single room throughout the year.
- The operator may reroute the itinerary or accommodate in similar lodges in case of non-availability.
- Single traveller supplement and child rates will be quoted on request.
- Flight rates are only valid until 30 September 2018 and subject to change.
- Validity periods are as specified above; should a booking fall over two rate periods the rate will change and we reserve the right to re-quote.
- The rates quoted are subject to change without warning if there are any increases in bed levies, park fees, fuel, sales tax or VAT, third-party services, the rand or any other circumstances beyond our control in South Africa.
- Additional suggested activities are not included in the rate.
- &Beyond trading terms apply.
This itinerary has been carefully designed to give you a taste of the exciting, endless possibilities and can be tailored to suit your exact preferences.
Kruger Park Luxury Safari
|Validity periods||Per person sharing|
|1 Jan – 31 Dec 18||ZAR 47 338|
Kruger Park Luxury Safari