This exceptional 4-day safari to the world-renowned Masai Mara National Reserve, is perfect for those with shorter leave times or those adding onto an existing itinerary. It provides an interpretive Kenyan safari experience in the beautiful surrounds of a luxury lodge. Here, you will have the opportunity to explore the wonders of this reserve on expertly guided walking safaris and twice-daily game drives, encountering a plethora of wildlife that includes the Big Five and the awe-inspiring Great Migration. This safari offers excellent photographic and birding opportunities as well as various cultural interactions with the charming Maasai.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE ITINERARY:
- Exploring the renowned Masai Mara on exhilarating game drives
- Excellent photographic opportunities in the Masai Mara
- Roaming the breath-taking savannah in search of its exceptional wildlife
MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR ADVENTURE:
- Add to your Kenyan adventure by hopping across the border to northern Tanzania. Chat to our travel experts about the various accommodation and adventure options.
- Spoil yourself with a hot air balloon safari during your stay — the experience of floating almost silently over the Mara should not be missed!
- Extend your Kenyan Safari in the Masai Mara by combining it with a stay on the beaches of the East African coast or, if you want to continue with your wilderness adventure then add on a couple of nights in the Meru, Tsavo or Samburu National Park – our travel experts have many accommodation options available for you to pick and choose from!
SPECIALLY CREATED FOR:
- Keen safari-goers
- Avid photographers
- First time Africa travellers
- Wildlife enthusiasts
This adventure starts and ends at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Kenya
Upon your arrival at Jomo Kenyatta Airport in Kenya you will be met by an &Beyond representative who will drive you to Wilson Airport for your scheduled flight to the Masai Mara.
As Kenya’s most renowned wilderness destination, the Masai Mara National Reserve offers exceptional game viewing, including the opportunity to witness the Great Migration — one of nature’s greatest wildlife spectacles. The park takes its name from the Mara River, which flows through the reserve, as well as from the Maasai people. Masai Mara National Reserve provides an unsurpassed wildlife experience. Covering an area of 1 510 km2, the Masai Mara is a land of breathtaking vistas, abundant wildlife, and endless plains. The Reserve is a photographer’s and naturalist’s paradise with abundant elephant, buffalo, giraffe, lion and cheetah alongside the migratory wildebeest and zebra.
Spend the next three nights experiencing the majesty of the Masai Mara. We have created value, luxury or deluxe options for this itinerary. In reality however, every journey with us will be tailor-made to your requirements.
DAY 2 & 3
Welcome to the plains of the famed Mara, dotted with iconic umbrella thorn trees and watched over by tall Maasai in their distinctive red dress. Perch comfortably on the high seat of the 4×4 as the guide interprets each sighting of the abundant resident game. Gape in astonishment at the endless, seething mass of the great migration and feel your pulse race during the madcap rush of a river crossing. Spend endless happy hours trying to fit it all into a photograph.
Follow an expert walking guide and listen as your footsteps rustle softly through the grass. Mumble a polite “Jambo” and shake hands with a beaming Maasai Moran before he shows you around his village. Examine the exquisite craftsmanship of a beaded necklace just perfect to take home. Savour the thrill of a unique night-drive sighting, framed in the glowing beam of the spotlight. Rise before the sun then rise to meet it on the silent, effortless ascent of a hot-air balloon. Watch as the dawn turns the plains to gold and the expert pilot drifts the balloon smoothly over inquisitive game and winding watercourses. Lift your face to the last rays of the setting sun, feel the warmth of the cooling engine at your back and sip a refreshing sundowner as the sun sets on another full day in Africa.
After breakfast, you will be transferred to the airstrip for your scheduled light aircraft flight back to Wilson Airport. Upon your arrival at Wilson Airport you will be met by an &Beyond representative who will drive you to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport for your outbound flight.
Accommodation inclusions as per below:
- &Beyond Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp includes accommodation in a Superior Tent, all meals daily, soft drinks, house wines, local brand spirit and beers, teas and coffees, refreshments on game drives, two safari activities per day, emergency medical evacuation insurance and transfers to and from the lodge airstrip.
- Elephant Pepper Camp Includes accommodation, Mara North Conservancy fees, soft drinks, beer, house wines & selected spirits, safari activities including day and night Location: Mara North Conservancy, Masai Mara game drives, bush picnics, sundowners, guided bush walk, Mara North airstrip transfers and laundry.
- Fairmont Mara Safari Club includes accommodation, all meals and two game drives.
- Mara Bushtops includes accommodation, all meals, 2 extended game drives daily or full day game drive on shared basis with bush lunch, sun downer, night game drive, walking safari (not permitted for children under the age of 16 years) private Conservancy fees, transfers from Siana airstrip, laundry, wi-fi, non-alcoholic drinks, beer, house wines and selected house spirits.
- Sanctuary Olonana includes accommodation, all meals, game drives, nature walk, Maasai village visit, bush meals, laundry services, all beverages (alcoholic or non-alcoholic with the exception of champagne & premium brands) and airstrip transfers from Kichwa Tembo Airstrip.
- Sala’s Camp includes accommodation, airstrip transfers, game drives and other camp activities, all meals, house wines, house soft drinks, house beers, house spirits, laundry, bush meals, sundowners, bush volley ball, nature walks and children’s activities.
- All road transfers: Jomo Kenyatta International Airport/Wilson Airport/Jomo Kenyatta International Airport
- Scheduled Flights: Wilson Airport/Masai Mara/Wilson Airport
- Park/concession fees included
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Administration fee
Rates will be determined once we have secured the relevant lodge accommodations for you.